Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postmatch/ scramble related Q - residency08
How many people were successful in last years postmatch/ scramble ??
If u r on this forum give us a shout !
If you know somebody personally who was successful please give a BIg shout !
Thank-you all.
Rule number 1, do not count on scrumble, the worst nightmare ever.
If you need H1B visa = ZERO

bigest problem - contacting any program = miracle,
usually programs prefere somebody who they intervieved and who did not match
good luck

hope you will not need to even think about scrumble

i had many friends try scramble last year and they had a hard time, they didn't not get residency. one person by luck got residency but it's was way past post match...so i think you chance of getting residency from scramble is worst then winning at las vagas...

good luck
I know someone who got a position in FM during the scramble. That person had scores below 80 with 3 attempts on step 1 and 1st attempt step 2CK and CS. 1 year USCE and graduated within 2 years. Also was doing MPH. The reason he got the position was because this person was doing MPH in a program that was considered a sister program - religious affiliations.

When you call a program during this time, you will either get a voicemail or speak to a secretary who will have a list of questions. These are things you will need:

1. ECFMG certified.
2. Scores
3. USCE - hands on ACGME accredited program preferred.
4. Graduate within the last 2-3 years.
5. Visa status.

Since they do not have much time their minimum requirements are raised from the normal Match.

Personally I could not get past the secretaries as I did not meet the USCE requirements.
SCRAMBLE = NO RESIDENCY.
IF YOU GET TO SPEAK TO A SECRETARY YOU WILL BE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES. FAX MACHINES ARE JAMMED...... I ALMOST WENT CRAZY LAST YEAR.
DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT POST MATCH
I have an entirely different view about postmatch scramble.

It is still possible to contact most programs by phone.

Most will state what their requirements are and will also state how they want you to apply.

Majority will request the applications sent through eras.

Eras allows transmission of only 30 applications for free.

At least I saw 1 or 2 individuals who made it during the scramble.

Prayers are needed for success with the post match scramble.
Thank-you all. This is much appreciated. Wish you the best.
It is like gambling. One of my friends got into a very good Univ program through scramble that didn't invite him for IV in regular match. The reason was that he worked in the same city and had some connection.
is it theoretically possible to get into a program through scramble that had in the past sent you a rejection ?? Thank-you again.
Yes, my friend I mentioned before did. It is like a lottery, most do not get a shot, but sometimes people get into a program that is better than they would than through the regular match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »