Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Rajat -
DDt

Hi Rajat
Just read you gave the exam. I hope you can answer some questions for me.
1- Is Swanson good enough? Does it cover most of what comes in the exam or do we need to brush up some particular topics more?
2- How is step 3 different from step 2. No doubt there is the management element but i am asking from the MCQ point of view.
The MCQs are supposedly vague; how so?
3 - Was the CCS part tough as well?
Overall which topics were more particularly tested on the exam.
I am hoping you can write in detail. I'd really appreciate it.
rajat

hi DDt
to begin with swanson is gud book not from mcqs pt. of view but from management pt. of view like what to do next...
sum topics like geriatrics, medicine, emergency and sports medicine u must do them from swanson..but topics like screenin, gynae are not gud and not even upto date

mcqs are the toughest part of step3.. they are very different from step2 mcqs..1) they r pretty long u have to scroll the screen a lot of times 2) they are more ethically oriented
3) the choices are so similar that u sumtimes can eliminate only 2. 4) u r runnin short of time

regardin ccs i think that is ur only savior.. handlin ccs is just like takin csa u must be thorough with the format.. shud keep in mind what to do nxt.. develop mental checklist of diff. diag. b4 orderin anythin and then proceed

overall i think med(cvs, resp, HTN, abdomen,TIA and stroke..) try and do these topics from a good refernce book like cmdt or harrisons.
also dont forget topics like screenin, geriatrics, family plannin,emergency care, ...

well thats it, hope i cleared sum of ur querries
all the best
dheera

Dear Rajat
How did you do on your mcq. Do you any of those questions or you answered according to the situation. I mean in step 2 you can tell this the answer for this question, like that. some one told me that you will know only 3% of the total exam. Is it true.? What CCs cases you got. Ofcourse I may not get same set but I would like to know to get an I dea. Next week i am taking the test. I read Swanson and Q bank. I am really afrid. After reading your note I got some confidence. I am doing FSMB cd for CCs. You think That is enough?. Plz respond me as soon as possible. You can send it to usmle59. Hope to here from you soon. Thanks for your advises.
Dheera
DEVI

Dear Rajat
I went to the firstpass cases. When I was looking in the case A. dissection, They said we have to do Ct. But the Definative Dx by TEE(transesopgageal Echo). Whey they did not do that?. Is there any reason?. In the first case pneumothorax-- why they gave him albutorol and atrovent? I did not see any asthma realted Hx. I hope you knew the answer. If anybody has answers, plz let me know in two days. I am taking the test on Monday.
Thank you.
dev

Could you plz tell me how to go to usmleworld ccs cases. I tried all the ways. I had hard time to get into that. Plz helpme.
DDt

Thanks a lot Rajat. That is good advice and i'll keep in in mind. Problem is that i am now very short of time.
Good luck to you and may you clear with flying colours!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »