Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kaplan -

dear Brain,
hello
thanks once more for sharing your experience, i appreciate it so much. i do agree with you that this forum is awsome, and for beginers like me its always great to have diffirent point of views and opinions about the preparation of these exams, so it was good for me reading about ur experience.
best wishes
C.E.D

I took the Kaplan Course for Step 1, 2 and 3. It was helpful for step 1 and 2 but that was many years ago and I passed after spending almost 1 year in study for step 1 and 3 months for step 2. However, the course was not very helpful for step 3 and I felt I wasted my money($1500 for 11 days-intense review). My score was lower both times after taking Kaplan than when I studied independently on my own. In retrospect, I feel that if you use Kaplan, you should also be using other sources and texts when preparing for Step 3. Don't rely on it alone because you will decieve yourself. Now I have to go back and study again. I guess everyone's experience is different but this is how I feel. I wish you all the best.

dear C.E.D,
thanks for sharing your experience, and for ur suggestions. i havent took any of the steps yet, but soon will start studying for step 1 inshallah. what other books u think will be help ful beside kaplan books for step one? i will appreciate ur reply, but at any of ur convinient time as u r studying.

best of luck in ur studies, and may u ace the exam.
mk
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »