Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help me - cutepriya
i recently got cK score and got 76 only. step 1 was 93 and cs passed. had only applied to IM and got coupla calls. but what r my chances now that i got such low scores? i am citizen , so dont need visa.
shud i apply to other specialty like FM, peds or psychiatry?? is it too late to apply in late oct now??
shud i apply to more IM programs that have no score cut off?? i am a recent grad.
i am in deep trouble. plz need ur advise. what r my chances for this yr's match?
i have cleared everything in first attempt, if only it wasnt for this CK terrible score....Sad
no one wants to help me?? i am so depressed.
IMHO
Chances wont improve drastically next yr. Play all your cards this yr.
Though its a set back, give reasons for the low CK score once you go for IV's.
Since you are a citizen Chance are good you may grab a few more calls.
This isn't too late to apply. Go ahead.
As far applying to other specialties...do apply for backup
but its based on aptitude.

GudLuck !
apply to atleast 30 fm programs NOW, especially the ones in your area.
Believe me, nobody can tell you about your chance!
BUT you already got some calls. SO, do your best to make a good impression during the interviews.
thanks to all those who helped me. FM i checked have a criteria of hands on experience in almost all of its hospitals, i cant belive this, i dont have any externship experience, just observed in a pvt clinic. can i still apply when they mention need USCE in an ACGME hospital???
priya ...well i guess u r okays as long as u r citizen......Smile just wait and watch .....

Gl
can i stil apply to FM program who's criteria in matcharesident .com says USCE, hands on experience in US hospital-1 yr. etc??
no apply to the less competitive ones and those with no usce and no cut offs...im sure there are atleast a few...not every prog requires usce
but u have that observership at a clinic which does count as usce so i guess u shod look for ones with no cut of..good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »