Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin case - ghostwhowalks
31. A 34-year-old man comes to the office with his wife and daughter because he has had some dusky lesions on his shoulder for the past 2 months. He says that two have become larger during the past week. He and his wife have recently adopted an 18-month-old girl from the Ukraine who has a similar rash. He is an environmental scientist and his work requires him to travel overseas and work outdoors. He is concerned about the possibility of skin cancer. Vital signs are normal. Physical examination shows a cluster of six discrete papular lesions on his left shoulder that are slightly tender. These lesions have a central depression containing some pus-like material. There is no axillary or cervical adenopathy. His rash is shown. Which of the following is the most appropriate management for the patient?

A) Acyclovir

B) Scabicidal cream

C) Topical corticosteroid cream

D) Topical fluconazole

E) Topical liquid nitrogen
EE: Molluscum contagiosum
why would molluscum contain pus? But can't answer correctly myself!
DDx is Molluscum and Cryptococcosis. U must to crypt ag and skin bx to dx them respectively. U see crypt mostly on immunosuppresed pt's As a result, I would say to tx q/ liquid nitrogen. Answer: E
the describe lesion is molluscum for which cryosurgery is one of the treatment options (E) Topical liquid nitrogen. However, curettage is performed more frequently in the clinics, especially free STD clinics.

hlpdr, i thought the same thing...pus-contained vesicles??? until i found this website.

http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/moll...giosum.htm
thanks rrsomd
you're welcome hlpdr
E..
e..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »