Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
serious Qs..about studying..please advice me..anku -
starter

Hellow I am IMg and preparing for step 1 exam.. I plan to exam October..
I just start and studying with kaplan note..and have serious problem .. I just see about 20 pages per day..
I have working and because of my disease, I can;t study much time.. and please advice me how many pages or time
I should study per day..just roughly..bacause I study
only 20 pages in kapan books, I feel so much in quantity,especially kaplan book..
please advice about studying time and quantity..
thankyou.
ra

Starter believe me, kaplan is pretty reduced and short compared with other review books.

Everyone is different so there is no rigid and unique schedule on how and how much to study for usmle. I did not work during my preparation which of course helps a lot, but many people that pass these exams do work and manage to get high scores with dedication. I really don't know how much incapacity your disease produce, in what do you work or how much time do you have daily for study (these are variables that play a big role during preparation) , because if you have only 1 or 2 hours a day then you are doing fine provided that you understand well what you read
starter

thankyou ra..
umm.. kaplan is reduced...Oh my God...I don't want to believe.. because to me kaplan is so much in quanltity..
and about how many pages did you read per day,,,roughly..
I mean the first tome to read.. and I wan to know when I have to resolve Qs.. after one review? two review?..
and before what months?..
thankyou
ra

Yes it is shorter than many other books. I really don't realize how many pages I read per day, probably 60 or 70???? don't remember quite well and it also depends on the subject, some of the are easy to read some are a liitle bit more complicated, like biochem.

I read the notes 3 times (goljan notes twice), and since my 1st reading I solved questions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »