Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do? - souji
>2attempts in both step 1 and 2, no visa issues, should I continues with this battle or not?
depends on several things:
1. Visa issues (if GC/citizen then its +)
2. US clinical/research exp
3. Letters of recommendations (US++)
4. Which speciality (FM possible)
5. Which programs (stick to the requirements and apply accordingly)

Hope this helps....GL
No, Noway ! please try something else like do MPH. Very hard, I would say.
souji,
MPH not only waste your money,it makes you older graduate,little time to study for your steps and get USCE and above all you will keep hearing,'we are looking for clinicans not researchers" during IV, so think about these
hey souji...how many attempt do you have in total? I have heard of people getting interviews with multiple attempts..so keep hoping) i actually had multiple attempts on step 1(four to be exact) and I got interviews by the grace of God. I would try to call up some of these programs to see what their requirements are. That may help you sort out the programs that you qualify for and the ones that you don't. Good luck and I hope that you get some interviewsSmile
try to work under a physician , some times that helps.
The match is a gambling process overall. I have been following this forum on regular basis. I met people with multiple attempts, low scores and old graduates who got several interviews. Others with high scores (90+) and got zero interviews. I do not know how this match works, however any and everyone should try.
I have four interviews with at least 3 or more attempts on step 1 and step 2
if you dont need a visa, and you have us clinical experience... then continue, you will get iv's
also helps if you are a recent graduate.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »