Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
name issue.....please reply - nisa
hello,please someone kindly help.my name in my medical diploma is a bit different from my legal name,so to apply to usmle we have to use the current name and we have to get aletter from the dean stating that the other name is also mine.can any on post me the format for such a letter.was anyone there in such a situation kindly help me.
have a look at this topic-
Changing or Verifying Your Name
If you have legally changed your name and want to request a change of name in your ECFMG record, send a completed Request to Change Applicant Biographic Information (Form 182) to ECFMG. Form 182 must be accompanied by a copy of one of the legal documents listed below. For the purpose of changing your name, the document you provide must be unexpired (if applicable).

Passport (including the page with your photograph),
Birth certificate,
Marriage certificate,
Official court order,
U.S. Resident Alien Card,
U.S. Naturalization Certificate, or
National Identity Card.
Attestations and affidavits are not acceptable as documentation to change or verify your name.

Please do not submit an original document; a copy of the document is sufficient.

If the name in your ECFMG record is correct but this name does not match exactly your name as listed on your medical diploma, transcript, or other credential, you must verify that the name on these documents is (or was) your name. To verify your name, send to ECFMG a copy of one of the acceptable documents listed above that verifies the name on your medical diploma, transcript, or other credential. As an alternative to one of the documents listed above, ECFMG will accept for purposes of verifying your name a letter from the Dean, Vice Dean, or Registrar of your medical school that verifies that the name on your medical diploma, transcript, or other credential is (or was) your name. If you choose to submit a letter from your medical school to verify the name on your medical diploma, transcript, or other credential, the letter must be signed by the Dean, Vice Dean, or Registrar and must be written on the medical schoolâ„¢s official letterhead stationery. The legal documentation you send must show your name exactly as it appears on your medical diploma/transcript.

All documents submitted to change or verify your name that are not in English must be accompanied by an official English translation. See English Translations.

All documents submitted to change or verify your name will become a part of your permanent ECFMG record.

does someon have the format for such a deans letter.
REGISTRAR/DEAN
UNIVERSITY OF-------------------

this is to certify that ................graduated on.......................
his name on the diploma .......................is to be read as............................
this letter is issued in particular reference to ECFMG
oh thanks alot,did u have the same problem.
It happened to me and it dragged for years before I could figure out what the issue was. Now resolve it ask the registrar or dean of your medical school or University to write a letter to Ecfmg on official letter head with school seal stating something like this:

This is to certify that .... ........graduated from this college on ........... The following arrangement has occured in the spellings and or order of his names:

Name on degree certificate......................
Name on medical school transcript..................
Name on passport............if applicable
Name on ECFMG application...............

All the above variations belong to the same person who is ....................(name on your ecfmg application). Iif you have any questions please do not hesistate to contact me.

Yours tuly,

Registrar or Dean ( official school stamp and seal.)
well thanks alot,did u apply with the same format .did the ecfmg accept it.also

when we write This is to certify that ....what name do we write here the legal name or the name in diploma.
also the graduation date is the date we passed or when we completeed our internship.
thanks once again

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »