Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Card to PD - believe99
Is anyone sending Christmas cards to PDs ?
Is it ok to say dear dr. xyz and team
wish you happy holidays
regards, abc ( applicant )

any comments ?
It a good thing to do but now it's a bit late, since many PDs are leaving for vacation they'll get your card in January. You better hurry up sending your cards maybe it's not too late.
A Christmas card is much different than a Thank you note.
Christmas cards are sent to close family, friends, neighbors, and maybe co-workers.

The PD is not a personal friend, relative or any of the above that you're singling him out, so why are you sending non-interview / non-program religious greetings to him only?.

Your relationship with the PD is just the same as it is with every other staff member.
It would be considered poor style to send a card to the PD alone.

So if you send one card it should be inclusive, to the entire residency program, or send cards to the PD and a few other people you select.

man, already they r bogged down with thank you notes, which they send to PC for managing the,, now
i really pity the PD's situation if all applicants are really gonna send them X mas cards as well..

I hear the PD's office going ... jingle bell, jingle belll, all the way....

lol.... nice courtsey cards but the no. of applicants is just mind boggling if everyone started doing that please, let them enjoy their vacations, nd let them live !!!!
I agree with boi_crazy in that you have to include other members of the staff if you send cards, but it's a good thing to do, here in the US you receive Christmas cards from a lot of people not just friends, and I already have receive one phone call from the chief resident and one from a PC saying thank you for my cards, and I know that at the ranking time they'll remember me.
The religious mix in America has changed drastically, so I'm a little careful in sending X"mas cards to people if I don't know their religion.

I restrict myself to family, friend and people that I am in contact with regularly so that I know if they would welcome a CHRISTmas card or if they will feel offended.
Instead of christmas cards, U can send Happy holidays cards to them. You will be at a safer side. I suggest everybody should send cards to their programs of choice. It will definitely increase your chances. Many of the programs themselves send these cards to their interested candidates....so go ahead and u all have a happy holiday season.
Boi is correct what if they are not christians? also they are not your friends and family they are professional colleagues this seems a little too much, like please please adopt me
dear believe 99! its better to send seasons greeting rather than a christmas card. i personally have sent season greetings to PD. I think this will help you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »