Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pl tell me honestly - namesake
'3lors from pvt US physicians after observing them.'
are they American physician?
you may be knowing that observer ship may not be consider as good clinical experience by some programs.
one of my interviewer asked me whether the lor writer is my relative or not!!!!
although other commented that I have strong lor.
so try to get some good lor by getting hands on clinical experience
keep fighting.
you are too young to quit.G/L
try scramble than after scramble findaresident i know afriend who got last year through findaresident
Yes buddy its tough. But think positively if you call 30 programs and end up getting even 1 or 2 interviews is nt it still worth it! Yes there is a posiblyt that still you might not get a call but atlest you are exploring a positive option and trying hard . Its very tough but yet my friend. Atleast you ll have practice for scramble
thanks srf i got from lor from IMG dr's,no relatives...one thai ,pakistani, indian clinicians in small town
yes i know you hav valid point...but how do i get USC experience?
I am disappointed waiting for ivs , and do not see how i can change things to get residency .
i will call excellence for sure...thanks again for trying to help me
loinindia i will try scramble as i do not have options-but findaresident have not thought about it.
i'm in similar situation like namesake. can anyone tell me more about "findaresident"?
thanks
namesake! why r u depressed , u don't have an inv? what if u don't match this year...this is not the end of world...know yourself..u r capable of doing a lot better than doing a residency....this is just a small hurdle in life and lot of people have them. Nothing can beat human belief and persistence.So be brave and face it. Remember: Fortune smiles at the brave!
Do everything which is suggested above to try to get a residency position this year. Don;t lose hope.

In case you don't match, just after the holidays will be the best time to start preparation for next match.

1. GC will definitely be a big plus.

2. If I were you, I would prepare for Step 3 with full zeal and confidence and would try to get as good score as possible. GC and good scroe on step 3 will offset 82 in step 1.

3. If possible go to a teaching/ university hospital nearby, and volunteer with a faculty member, may it be research or observership. This will give you LORs with more weightage. Some people say that you increase your chances to get a residency by volunteering in a hospital where they do have IMGs as their residents as compared to a big notch university program. Of course, a well known university program is good as it will be well-appreciated even at programs in other states.

4. Seek someone's help who is experienced to work on your CV and personal statement, so that you can highlight your strengths in PS.

5. Search program criterias through their websites to look for the ones you qualify AND look at their resident rosters to see where you actually see a reasonable percentage of IMGs.

1, 2 & 4 are very attainable goals no matter where you live, and you can have them by the time of scramble. At that time, you will be a stronger candidate as compared to now. 3 will be a great advantage, if possible, for you and will help you to gain confidence, improve your communication skills and give yourself a good know-how of residency and programs's expectations from residents. 5 will budget your time and money to gain maximum yield in terms of interviews.
preferredprice
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »