Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you believe it ? - pnas
hear a story saying someone grad over 20 years with steps low 90 got about 10 path iv ? could that be possible ?

ALWAYS REMEMBER ..

Anything is possible in USA ..

Welcome to USA ...
lets add a masters and PhD in pathology + countless publications/ research, and everything will make sense
A friend of mine, a 19 year- grad was matched last year so yes, better believe it.
A 2nd cousin of mine finished neurosurgery in my home country and practised for almost 4 years already and was petitioned by one of the community hospitals in the east coast to practise there. They only required him to pass the USMLE Steps and he did so he, his wife and 4 kids are are all here. They asked him to sign a 20 year contract. Obviously this community is in dire need of one!
I believe it, appropriate recommendations will do it for this guy...
probably he is a known pathologist in his country and his friends are trying to get him in... HE WILL DO IT!
why not??
i feel that it is just hard to believe that with so many young triple 90s candidates out there, why some PD pick up someone who is almost as aged as PD himself ?? ok , i guess no one can fight God's well.
pnas,one PC told me he doesnt prefer 99ers cos after they are in residency they dont want to read and are arrogant.
but i think there are programs that want fresh grads and there are programs that want not just fresh grads,but also grads with experience in the field. a friend of mine had to do a lumbar puncture during his first week of ER.he did it fine,just because he had experience.
so there are spots for all kind of candidates.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »