Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism in CS!!! - pyrimidine
I know this might sound stupid but I am little curious.

As we know that all SPs are actors so we may find some abusive speech by SP regarding racism. They night be instructed to do so. They want to test how patience you are and how do you handle this situation?? I mean SP might say that you are an asian/african, I don't want to be treated by you. go and send white doctor!!! Do not get surprised, if SPs do not respond to you at all for few minutes.

What should be our response?? Has it ever happened to anyone??
SP want to test your communication skill. One possible reply is " I can understand your concern. But I have same qualification as us physician. I will do my best to help you. But as the end of meeting if you still feel this way, i will make note of that so that you can see someone else next time"
Donot forget that SP is getting money for what he speaks.He doesnot want to get busted and get out of job.He will follow every rule to answer you the best.

You just do not feel yourself in the minority group even if you are.
Don't worry everything will go well.

Accents might create problems sometimes--if you have problem reading other's accent ,try to communicate with the layman whenever you visit a grocery store or any mall.
They sometime sound pissed off and little un communicative---they are told to do so .Remember that.
Yes i understand this. I also know that whatever SPs do, they do it intensionally to examine your patience and mannerism. I just wanted to know how to react in such situations. I like the way darshanf1 has provided the answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »