Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should i take up the live lectures if....??? -
rabkins

dear all,
i am confused about taking up the LIVE LECTURES at the kaplan center. i am thinking of attending em' in june and july and appearing for my step 1 exam in first week of spetember.
my concern is that i will be done with my syllabus atleast twice and with a reasonable numer of mcq's by then ...will i still benefit from the live lectures?
OR SHOULD I INSTEAD JUST TAKE UP THE Q REVIEW...which means access to the q bank and the integrated vignettes(IV) bank for six months and a full length simulated exam at the center.
if anyone could advice me regarding this ..i will be more than just thankful!!!
good luck to all of you ...
best regards!
ra

If you have the money to afford kaplan live lectures go for it, you will receive the notes before the course begins so you should be able to read them at least once to get more advantage during the live lectures. Having said that you can also get the notes from someone and prepare by yourself as many people do.

Q REVIEW is a waste of money 6 months is too much for qbank, and ivqbank is too easy.
for rabkins

depends on your level of knowledge. not all kaplan lectures are as good as dr. goljan's. some are outright HORRIBLE. a waste of time. when i was taking his class, we actually complained about one teacher. i know he was not spotted teaching anymore....

i think that the best way is to start with kaplan, not stop.

but then it depends on your style of learning. if you are really ready for the test, only 2 months from it, i think you will find all of the lectures, with the exception of dr. goljan boring. i would. suggest you start with kaplan. besides, they give you their questions, which you may wanna do all along.

just do the qbank in the last 4 weeks, as ra says....
rabkins

a bit more clear advice will do....did i mention that i already have the kaplan lecture notes...??
i have heard poeple say that u should be done with reading and re reading ur text beofre you take the live lectures...coz it helps you gain more and work on ur weaknesses ....??
i am really confused!?
plus ra and the other generous being...thank u for alleying the anxiety for a bit atleast!
bestest regards!
ra

Don't worry rabkins, then start reading the notes so that you can take more advantage of the live lectures just loike you said, good luck
neuroguy

The value of live lecture is that you should get the latest HY topics on the exam in that subject. The Kaplan notes have only been updated to 2002, and their videos are 3 years old.
rabkins

neuroguy....
thanks a lot ...I WILL NOW GO FOR IT!
i had it with all the confusion for a REALLY long time!
thanks again with all my heart!
GOD BLESS U !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »