Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for tac, bill and docespy -
apple

I'm working full time and i'm planning to take step 2 in november. I intend to file a vacation before I take it. Is 2 weeks short enough? I'm not done with the lecture part and occasionally practice questions. What do you advice?

apple
TAC

well 2 weeks is not done to study for step 2 LOL But it is enough for a good review after u study.
I advice you do lots of questions from the well-known sources, and read your favorite books for the subjects u feel uncomfortable about.... What books to u have?

:o)

TAC
apple

i really thank you tac for answering to my posts.

i have kaplan for lectures and lots of cds for practice questions like kaplan again, nms, and appleton. i'm planning to get uw because that helped me with my csa. i'll do the nbme ccsa both forms. i have so much study materials but not enough time. my employer said that they can give me 1 month break since i'm only temp but i need money too to apply for residency. step 2 is all i need to get my ecfmg certificate. i'm doing observership in a nearby hosp in the am then go straight to work until 8 pm. too much drama!!! anyway, i'm so inspired by this forum and people like you that's why my hopes are up that i can do this.
docespy - docespy

apple,
TAC said it all.
apple

thank you docespy!
TAC

apple, you are in the right track!

You can read the kaplan notes u already have, and read a few chapters from bigger books about subjects u dont feel confortable with. And the more questions you do, the better! UW is a great practice and I recommend u do it if u have the time and money. Same thing for CCSSA.. CCSSA is a must in my opinion...

Good luck! :o)

TAC
ani

two weeks is enough provided you are occasionally doing work now and also provided you not aiming for high score (high nineties).

I would however suggest that you take the two weeks not in the immediate 2 weeks preceding the exam but in the 3rd and 2nd week, then go back to work for the last week to the exam. It is very difficult to study or usefully improve your score in the days before exam so you may find you will not derive that much benefit. Indeed working the week to the exam will help you as regards your sleep pattern and maintaining useful function in daytime and will also take your mind off excessive worrying.
apple

those are really good ideas tac and ani! thank you so much!

ani, you read my mind. i will take my 2 week break like 3 weeks prior my exam. i have very bad history of panic attack the night before the exam. somehow, by working during the week of my exam, i will be able to divert my worries. I am such a worry well. I hope by doing that, I will have at least 6 hours of sleep and not 2 hours (which i did before and the reason why i failed 2x, whew! but i'm not giving up!).

i love this forum! you guys are awesome!

goodluck to all of you too!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »