Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q20 - raji_321
Which of the following concepts is shared by Freud, Jung, and Murray?
A. Collective unconscious
B. Conditioning
C. Death instinct
D. Thematic Apperception Test
E. Unconscious
E. ??¿

(what´s the source of your questions??)
kaplan q bank- Analysis... may be 2004 (The 40 blocks that i posted)

Plz tell me if any of these questions are irrelavant..
thanks. they are great. i just like to know.

:O)

what´s the answer?
i guess AAA
The correct answer is E. All three men shared the concept of the unconscious in their theories, although with a different emphasis. Through patient observation and his own dream analysis, Sigmund Freud constructed a system to explain that a patient's needs and wishes exist in the unconscious mind. Carl Jung expanded Freud's concept and described a Collective unconscious as a symbolic and mythological past that is shared by all humankind. Henry Murray developed a thematic apperception test, a projective technique, to reveal conscious and unconscious mental processes.

As mentioned above, Carl Jung was the founder of the concept of collective unconsciousness. Jung broke with Freud over the emphasis on infantile sexuality. He expanded the concept of individual unconscious to collective unconscious (choice A).

B. F. Skinner de-emphasized the unconscious and demonstrated, through experimental analysis, that personality is the result of reinforcement and conditioning (choice B).
Death instinct (choice C) was the term that Freud used in 1920 before designating aggression as a separate instinct. He regarded the life and death instincts as forces that underlie sexual and aggressive instincts. Today, most clinical phenomena can be explained by sexuality and aggression instincts without recourse to the concept of death instinct.

Murray emphasized that motivation leads to continuous activity until the need is reduced or satisfied. He developed the Thematic Apperception Test (choice D) to reveal personal and interpersonal conflicts, needs, and attitudes.
if that was ur guess, u r a good guesser joannitam... i had no clue..............
jajaja...

hopefully im a good gueser... i need that in my exam...

i knew about freud... and i just went along :O)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »