Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nursing Program or USMLE????? - aatinawi
My purpose is just to help those who like to pursue medicine and use nursing as a stepping stone nothing else.

My purpose is to those who needs advice and use nursing as a stepping stone to pursue medicine.
I graduated BSN-R.N. in the Philippines and i took CGFNS,TOEFL, TSE and had a visa screen when youll be able to find a hospital here in USA to sponsor you ( in which case almost big hospital is more than willing to sponsor and will reward greencard visa ) then in my case the hospital sopnsors the apt. and the airplane ticket plus the sign in bonus of 3 thousand to commit working for two years then after you're here in USA you'll take the NCLEX R.N. ( in which case you can even finish the exam within 30 minutes if you have a good medical back ground ) then after that you can make as much money as you like.
I fyou're here in USA you can start enrolling as an LVN since the schooling here is expensive ( 21 thousand now ) but this is only 16 months but if you do R.N. more than that. Travel nursing is HOT now adays and nurse practitioner works like an M.D too, salary wise less than an M.D. but no on calls and you'll only work your shift plus you can choose your shift with good benefits. Most of us here in LA county works in the county since M.D. degree is being considered and it is given with the highest credit since your salary goes with the degree you acquired in which here in USA M.D. is already in the highest bracket. Most of the IM drs here needs nurse practioner too and theyre more than willing to pay you good salary since theyre bombarde with patients and they also like to have their vacation but no one will relieve them easily or you can join their group practice. Nurse practioner is becoming a big competitor for Family practice physician and medicare and medical is mroe than willing to pay nurse practioner sinc ethey charge less than an FP. For more information go to Nurse practioner program in your area. I hope this help you...Good luck!!!! Pray hard for HIM to guide you and i hope i enlighten you a bit.
hey! very intresting!! reading all the posts...i feel its a good idea to use it as a stepping stone as the expenditures incurred in the whole process to resi are immense and once you are post mbbs one wud hate to ask anyone for money.However could anyone clarify how to bcom an rnwithout goin to nursin school...any direct exam for medicos?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »