Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
really confused guys,,,,, need help - mun_mauji
4 of my IVs are community hospitals sponsoring H1 with no in-house fellowship opportunity .... I am an IMG and have plans to get into a fellowship eventually.... how should I give an order to these 4 ... Following is a brief description of all four, if u may like to take a while for me and help with ur much needed opinion.

1) Jersey City Medical Center, mount sinai affiliated, nice neighborhood, nice building, just 2 miles away of manhattan

2) Queens Hospital, mount sinai affiliatged, again good building and neighborhood, very near to Jackson heights.

3) Sisters of charity hospital, buffalo, afffiliated with University of Buffalo, old building, boring town, relatively less busy than NYC progs,

4) Western Reserve Care system/forum health, affiliated with NEOUCOM, Youngstown(Ohio), boring town, friendly people, old building, not very busy.

MY QUESTION IS : should I prefer the NYC or NJ progs over the buffalo or Youngstown prog, just because of the attractions of NY or I should prefer the less busy progs of buffalo or Youngstown in order to have some good time to do some research and eventually get into a fellowship prog.. What should be your criteria for giving them a convincing order.
anyone pls
GO INTO A PROGRAM WHERE U HAVE MORE CHANCES OF FELLOWSHIP,, FOR WHICH U KNOW BEST AS U MIGHT HAVE ENQUIRED OF IT.

FOR QUEENS I KNOW: FELLOWSHIP CHANCES ARE NEAR NIL.. AS TOLD TO ME BY DIRECTOR AND RESIDENTS.
thanks coolblue bells for ur kind response.
anyone else please share ur thoughts
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »