Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here is the scramble process - 3649736
Preparing for Scramble
This Advisory is to inform applicants about ERAS 2008 Scramble operations and recommended practices for unfilled NRMP Match positions for ERAS participating programs. Beginning at 12:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday of Match Week, a period of time is set aside for those applicants who did not match. This time period is commonly known as the "Scramble." The Scramble gives unmatched applicants an opportunity to contact unfilled programs and possibly secure a position before Match Day.

During this period, applicants attempt to secure a position by applying to new programs and reapplying to previous programs. ERAS is available for applicants to apply to a maximum of forty-five (45) programs free of charge. During Scramble, applicants may apply to a maximum of 30 programs to which they have not applied this season, and an additional 15 programs to whom they have applied to this season.

Applicants, during Scramble, may only apply via ERAS to a maximum of forty-five (45) programs (30 new and 15 reapply) using MyEras, even if you wish to pay for additional programs. Applications, during Scramble, via ERAS are free if applicants meet the following criteria:

Must have participated in ERAS during the regular season (applied to and paid for at least one program.
Account must be paid in full no less than two weeks prior to the Scramble period.
ERAS allows applicants the ability to apply to a program, if that program has unfilled positions, and you applied to them via ERAS earlier in the season through the new MyERAS reapply function (only available during Scramble). You may contact the program and inform them that you wish to be considered as a Scramble applicant. That program will count towards your fif teen (15) reapply Scramble programs in MyEras. Residency applicants that apply or reapply to programs during the Scramble period will have access to a special edition of application tracking called ADTS Lite. This special service will allow applicants to track the upload and receipt of their application during this important period of time.

ERAS and the NRMP have collaborated to create a checklist for programs during the Scramble period. This checklist will provide helpful information for programs to prepare for communicating with applicants during Match Week. ERAS and the NRMP hope this information will help ease the stress of recruiting during this important time.
Match Week
Monday, March 17, 2008 - Applicants may sign into the NRMP Web site at www.nrmp.org with their AAMC ID number and password at 12:00 p.m. EST to find out if they matched to a position, but not where they matched. The message will be displayed immediately on the screen upon signing in and will be worded in such a way that the applicant will know whether they need to scramble and if so, which type of position they will need to scramble for on Tuesday, March 18, 2008.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 12:00 p.m. EST - Unmatched applicants who submitted a certified rank order list will be given access to the Dynamic Unfilled Programs List by the NRMP. Applicants may not contact unfilled programs prior to 12:00 p.m. EST that Tuesday. The unfilled list is updated by the NRMP every hour to reflect the updated number of remaining unfilled positions.

Thursday, March 20, 2008, 1:00 p.m. EST - Match Day! Matched applicants may sign into the NRMP Web site at 1:00 p.m. EST with their AAMC ID number and password to find out which institution they matched to through the formal match process. Their match program and specialty will be displayed on the screen immediately after signing in.

so other than the 30 free applications we can apply in eras, we also have another 15 "re-apply applications" we can do
kion dil jalaty ho ,
kion khoon kay ansoo rulaty ho ,
scramble ka nam lay lay ker ,
meri ratoon ki neend uraty ho :'( ,,,,, bhaaan bhaaan bhaaan
does any1 know the answer to my question?
yes, i think you are correct bidd
I did nt receive any interview call so did nt submit any rank order list although I have a NRMP account. Can I still participate in the scramble?
Yes
I have a question regarding scramble.
Do you have to call the program director/ coordinator by phone and fax them your details or is everything done through eras( LOR and Transcripts etc).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »