Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
* what does letter from a program means??????????? - radhekrishna
I was interviewed in one of the programs, however, I did not hear from them . Finally, on February I received a letter from a Professor who interviewed me addressing my name and stating that everybody were impressed with me and they are hoping of a possibilities of working with me in the near future. No information about ranking me high. Just a brief message. I wonder if the letter has a positive sign? I have heard that usually the programs send this kind of letters to all the candidates. How much hope I should have do you think? Help is appreciated. Thanks
no one surely knows. again it may or may not be a positive sign. unless you ask them directly.
If the professor is not PD or associate PD, then he might just be replying to your thank-you note and has nothing to do with the ranking.
It IS a positive sign and not ALL applicants recieve it. It is only sent to the applicants who are ranked. It means you are ranked, that's it. Where are you on their ROL? Noone knows and they couldn't tell you even if you ask them directly, because it is against nrmp rules.
Be happy you are on the list and the possibility you match there DOES exist. So be patient and wait and do not ask them more question about where you are ranked! because it is inappropriate.
very good
Thank you for your kind words to all of you.
by any chance was the letter frm Casewestern Metroheath......Peds?
No, it is not from Casewestern Metrohealth.
hi krishna,

could u please mention...in which state is this program in?
its hard to help you if you don't mention the program name.. if you do, then you can find out how many others have recieved similar emails..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »