Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed regarding WHOLE Process - medseeker
As I said for gettin high scores like high 90's we need this much time. It would be excellent to do the task as soon as possible though. The reason that I say high 90's because as you know, a friend whom I was doing observership with and is a faculty member in an excellent program told me they have filter based on year of graduation and scores. So when I told him that maybe I made a wrong decision by spending so much time to score high 90's in steps and instead I could take the exams sooner with average scores, he said then you wouldn't pass through because for compensating for being old graduate you need to score very hight to impress them...

bottomline is : You need to decide finally and the realistic way is to test yourself with NBMEs and see how ready you are before taking the exams...

Of course I was honest with you, but again try to gather information from multiple sources and start your preparation.

Good luck, dear.
Thanks npng, and WhoKnows, I value your contribution.
whoknows is correct. It takes time -- bottom line is score for old graduates -- it has to be mid or high 90's. You can finish the steps in one year but may not score high. Why do you attack him for taking time out to answer your question? It belies your grey hair!
Good luck.
Ocean,,,,,thanks,,,,you are so funny about the grey hair.
whoknows gave his/her honest answers to you( medseeker) based on his/her personal or friends' experiences. If I were you, I would thank him/her for the generous advice. It is good to have ambition, but you are too sensitive and a bit overly confident.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »