Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my mark = 243/98 -
cue

congrads and thanks for the info.
dann

you are the first advocate of fa i have heard!!! i think it helped me in step one so i want to use it for step 2 but everyone advises crush step 2...i have the same score in step one as you and am aiming to get a similar score for step 2 but the fa vs. crush issue really confuses me. do you think the exam can be given with 3 months of prep? thanks for your advice and congrats!
justme(original)

Altodoc, me too DR, UNIBE. Congrads, great scores. GL
altodoc

I would like to say thank you to everybody for the positive feedback and overall response. This is what a forum should be like Smile Go UNIBE...

In response to dann, I was skeptical about fa for step 2. I heard that it wasn't that great etc..., but the people I spoke with were referring to the older edition. I felt that fa paralleled the points that Kaplan stressed, and both of them complemented each other (I would make notes in my fa, but in retrospect, not too many). First Aid was pretty thorough, except for the specialties (surgery, ophtho etc...) which is why I read Crush Step 2. If you are going to choose one or the other, go with fa. I read both because I had the same dilemna as you. Crush step 2, is VERY superficial. It fills in the gaps and may give you a few extra points in the end, but personally, I would not rely on it. You can go through it in 4 days, easily.

As for 3 months of preparation, with a score of 99 on step 1, you have proven to have a solid foundation. I advise you start doing questions from the first day you start studying. You should be fine, just hit it hard right away!!!

Good luck to all.

Daniel

Congratulations, feklicitaciones lo reventaste mi pana mas nada pa lante. Una pregunta que te voy hacer. Question: What is UW? daniel
altodoc

UW = Usmleworld (www.usmleworld.com)

Check it out...

Gracias por su palabras!
sarah

damn those 3 question cost you alot of points....and i am sure you prepared hard enough to get those question right

oh well that is tough..... sorry about the 3 questions

dready

nice to hear that.... congrats....now get ready for residency....
i have friends who studied in dr too, which university did you graduate from? unibe, iam guessing because that is the only that i am aware of.
anyhow....congrats again...
kk

congratulations !! good job !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »