Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Aid -
Scruffy - delagha25

Has anyone used/heard about using First Aid for step 2. Is it any good? Is it too much? Too little?
Thanks in advance.
docespy - docespy

I didn't use it, but I skimmed thru it and it looks really good.
take it easy!

First aid is very good. don't just read it. Do questions and then go in specifically find things and commit them to memory. When you read it verbatim, you will tend to forget because it is dry. Say for instance you do a test, and get questions on CLL, CML, AML, and ALL (all those leukemia cousin questions)... and you get confused. Then write topics down and go to First Aid and check them up later. It is brief, succint and easy to remember.
And a week or few days b4 the exam, just go through first aid twice.

Do you have first Aid for step1 also. I bought first aid for step1 and used it for step2. And now I have step2 version (2004) and I used both of them. Because some step1 questions still pop up in step2, and there are things in first aid step1 that are not repeated in step2 (good clinical material you need for step2). But if you don't have first aid step1, don't buy it. Just use first step2, and you can browse the step1 clinical material in the book store every now and then.

So in general first aid step2 is good. ( I wish all these were free, becos I hate to buys these books to support these review book writers... they are no good bums!)
Scruffy

thanks a lot for all of your advice. i agree that first aid is hard to digest. but my experience from step 1 was that it pretty much had everything you needed, it was just difficult to committ because you have to know all of the concepts surrounding the raw material they have in there. sounds like a similar situation for first aid step 2.
hi

hi take it easy guy ,
u seems to have a good knowledge on first aid book
plz say me any site which has step 1 notes,audio etc for free

plzz
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »