Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what documents are u getting for the J1 visa aslo. -
zex

Do u know of people with an MD in peds from US doing well in india??
I am also going for peds.. do u think we would be ready for practice in indian set up immediately after our MD here??
duckie

your own practise is something entirely different to what you will experience no matter where you do your post grad degree from.

Overall i feel that education in England and the US is better than in India- esp when it comes to Pediatrics. I feel that we are retty much behind (at least i am talking of North India) . Frm the place I come from, i know of only 1 private practitioner who has an in pateint set up over a readius of maybe 60 Kilometers in any direction.
There is so so much that needs to be don e in terms of patient- parent education for children in India. Pediatrics is really a field that can grow to great lengths. I think we have wonderful oppurtunities......

In india, due to the fact that most hospitals are strapped for funds, the quality of educatin that is desired, is lacking at the Post grad level.
Of course once you open up your own practise, you will have to deal with administration probles and staff pay rolls etc- theres so so much you have to deal with thats different form being in a job. That, one has to learn to cope with and all that.......
Unfortunately , I dont know of many people who have done their post grad in the US who have actually come back. My parents did their post grad in Psych from England, and worked there for 12 years or so. hey are the only people i know of who came back to India, and stayed on.
zex

I agree with you.. but wanted to know of people who actually did it.. actually unlike UK, where u are not allowed to stay for life.. in US.. u gradually get a Green card with time.. I think that is the reason it is so difficult to find a US resident practicing in india compared to so many from UK..
I understand though that your parents came back on their choice. please do not misunderstand me on that..
GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »