Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECFMG Certified options -
Mike - manveru24

hi everyone....I am ECFMG certified and want to spend some time getting some research experince in the US, I really am not worried about it being a paying job....it really is more for the experince and to add to my resume, if you have any idea of any positions that are open could you let me know??? I would reall appreceite it, feel kinda sad that I worked hard for ECFMG certification and now can't do anything with it......so let me know if I have options that I don't know about.....thanks a lot everyone....really....
ani

think you need to tell us more.

Where are you now and what are you doing? Sounds strange you do not need the money and you do not need clinical experience but just want research? Dont understand then why you have done ECFMG. What exactly do you mean when you say you 'can't do anything with it'? Obviously there are peculiarities to the situation you face and maybe if you share them a bit with us people may be in a better position to advise you.

best of luck
newbee

call up or visit the local teaching hospitals and find out about any relevant openings of ur taste or do some networking/liason with the residents of those hospitals and see what brings . this is america, there is no stereotyping. u try and u will get it. people in ur position i.e ecfmg ceritified do lots of other things as per their convenience and visa status , but ecfmg ceritificate perse will not land u in any better position other than the residency. now dont ask me what do i do or how could i do that.....
Mike

Hey Ani, okay....I'm sorry, I guess that's what you get when you don't think out what you want to say before typing it out!! My Bad....anywayss...thanks for your reply and let me be a little clearer, I'm on a visitors visa.....and yes I am ECFMG certified, and I had wanted to do get in a residency...didn't work out, so I contacted hospitals in shortage areas that I had researched about...no replies from them yet, also tried to see if I could make use of this time to get into research since I've heard that it helps...the few I've tried havn't replied yet. Now that's what I've been working on....my question was...IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT I SHOULD TRY? Thinking 'bout getting on a student visa for awhile, if nuthin works out.
...and newbee thanks for your advice....I am gonna start working on that angle....thanks again, and sorry for being a little confusing...it's been a long painful month and I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything...thanks again.
mike

i understand ur situation. i was in ur shoes a few yrs ago. the first few months or yrs will be overwhelming. new place, new ways of doing things and not much of social and friends support. but u know what immigrants or people like us always prevail in this country, stay focused and u will find what u need. just take one day at a time and u can do it. so many people has done this american dream before us and they are not any different from us. so have faith and u will be alright shortly. good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »