Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection have the main rule in the match - drhamouimd
i agree you have to have high scores to match without connection
This is not true.
Though knowing someone in the program does helps sometimes, ultimately its your own hardwork, perserverance and detrmination which gets you there.
I matched without any connections.
This was my third Match.
I worked hard on my CV and PS and Interview skills .....these really matter.
My score were avg 80's with attempt in Step 1. 2002.

I agree, especially if ur scores are not very high or ur an old grad, only connections will get u through. i've seen many examples!
let me tell you guys my story...i got matched in a program with all american faculty ..not a single one is IMG.....from my country out of 18 residents only 1 ie in 3rd year ..others are are from american univ or carribean school...so when they called me for inetrview you can imagine hwo out of palce i felt..i have low 80 s score not ahve gc or citizen..i have just us masters and research experience in 2-3 diff places and observership...also places i applied had nothing to do with places i worked so 0 connections...i was phone inetrviewed then called for inetrview...i had 3 total interviews....i matched...so its hardwork and gods blessings..no connections
let me add this was my 1st match and i am 2002 grad passed stets 1 and 2 ck cs in 1st attempt..still to give step 3...
I know one with very low score mached in a good program just because she has some one in the program. She applied in 3 programs.

And me , with very high score, matched applying to 70 programs, interviewing in 11 locations.

Another guy with good scores , participated in 15 interviews, didn't match.

So guys, look the difference that connection makes -- it cuts-off all you effeorts and your expenses, and you match comfortably without any stress.

Conclusion: If you don't have connection, just don't consider that you are disadvantaged, just work hard, make all efforts to change your credentials with factors that you actually control. Good luck everybody!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »