Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's the secret? -
medlaw06

i see all these posts by people saying that they have 99 on this...98 on that...120 on another (that was a joke).

I am a simple guy...i trust people and what they say too much. r these people lying? are there THAT many brilliant people on this website?

if they ARE telling the truth...here is the $1 million question:

WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
que

i read kaplan notes thoroughly and did UW, kaplan qbanks , nms qbook and some pretests.
also listened to kaplan highlights video
i studied v. hard; lots of hrs a day and had a pretty good background in med school.
i dont know how much the med school thing helped though bcos the clinical focus here is sooooooo different.
gg

Dear Guys:
99% of these people are big liers: just imagine if ECFMG faces this volume of highly qulified applicants then they will change their mean of score and mode of questions. So don't be humble and keep on studying on your way.
Good luck.
medlaw06

why the hell would someone want to lie about their scores on this site....what good is it going to do except to fulfill one's false sense of ego (and ego gratification) by having someone appraise you for your FAKE scores.

it just doesn't make sense!!!
kabayan

be wise enough to screen who's lying and who's not.. Although it's really possible for quite a handful to have gotten 99 and 98's. The greater percentage of people who frequent the site and don't post their scores are in the 70's to the 80's. Most probably.. the people who got 90's and didn't even sweat for it were the one's who graduated with honors in their med school. Naturally, if you get a good score you'd post it and if you didn't, you wouldn't. So it kinda makes an illusion that everyone gets 90%. STEP 1 passing rate is still in the 60%. So, the best thing for all ye' test takers is to just hit those books and don;t underestimate the exams. It's TOUGH!
jil

Kabayan,what`s the pass rate for step 2 ?(CK)
aa

as i rmember from the uslme fact sheet it must be around 80%.
and as long as you haven't seen something don't believe it.99 happens but it's not that frequent.so stay tight!
vk

kabayan is right...those people who got 98-99 are the ones who were amongst the top students in med school too. Their knowledge base is great.

We should not be discouraged by the huge scores...get encouragement from the success stories. remember there are people out there who are struggling financially and personally to get into residency
drzinc

well i agree with kabayan's explanation about why people on the site seem to have high scores. i dont think people lie about it.
i got a 97 in step 1 and hoping to repeat in step 2. true also about the med school base u get, thats a great launchpad and the tough questions are a wee bit easier, thats all..but nothing to beat sheer sweat and hard work!
Aussie

I'm not so sure that people lie about it. I got 96 and 99 and they were my genuine scores. I think I went through a well rounded degree and I work in a specialty that is exposed to a wide range of clinical areas that I take an active interest in. I work and have 2 small children at home so I wasn't able to do much study. All my study was MCQs. I'm sure that these exams are much easier if English is your first language. If I was sitting this exam in another language I would be pleased if I could work out how to get to the testing center. You guys who speak other languages don't just deserve ECFMG certification you deserve a medal for bravery.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »