Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pls help am very confused -
lily

hi,
i am really soo confused still about ERAS&the MATCH
i have questions if anybody can answer
1)i will finish all my exams by oct so will get score card by nov,will do my observership in nov,the ecfmg certificate will probabaly take longer,so when should i start opening my eras account ?
2)can i take atoken now&then in nov/dec send my other scores&lors?
3)can i apply for eras without ecfmg certificate?
4)can i appply for eras without step2 ck scores?or can i update it later?
5)what about the match can i apply in late dec or is it too late?
6)i guess its ok to apply for the match without ecfmg certificate,which i will get later?
7)what about those programs who do not take part in the match nor eras??
8)whats the caf?if it involves usmle scores,can i update it with my step2 ck scores after i give the exam?
9)why do we need the transcripts?
sorry i know too many questions
but am really very confused
dont know what all to do
very greatful if you can give me some advice
lily
Utopia !

How can two people think so much alike...hehe...lily,i have more or less the same questions !...hope u get a nice detailed reply.
GL !
ra

1. You can pay and apply for your ERAS since now and you will be updating it as soon as your scores become available.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes as I said you can update it later.

5. You have to be ECFMG certified by February 2005, Match is in March.

6. You can apply for ERAS and you can go for interviews without the ECFMG certificate, but for the Match day you have to be already certified, don't confuse those 2 things.

7. Just keep your eyes on the match programs.

8. Don't know what are you talking about.

9. Simple, we need the medschool transcripts because they ask them in order to be certified, do it ASAP as they are taking a lot of time to check them.

All this information and more can be answered in the ERAS link (FAQ 's section) at www.ecfmg.org website, good luck.
vk

ECFMG neeeds transcripts so they can verify their authenticity from your medical school.

You can apply to ERAS and start sending in your step 1 scores, personal statement, LOCs dean's letter etc and then keep sending in other scores as and when you get them.

Dec I think will be too late to app,y since the interview slots get filled and then even if you have great scores, you will have less chances of getting an interview.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
lily

thanks amillion guys
i dont know why but kept reading all the websites ut couldnt understand
lily
lily

by CAF i mean the one i read in eras
some document you sign but you cant change it again
sorry if i sound crazy
lily
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »