Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The program Director Realize.... -
aa

This is my case: I have good scores, US experience and GC.I love psychiatry and I will apply to about 80 programs.However, I am an IMG and to back my situation up I like to apply to a few other programs,because there's one thing for sure and that's I want to start residency this coming year.My question is:Will the program director of a given psychiatry program realize that I have also applied to family practice, and when he will realize?
abdul

as i have heard they will,and it's when they want to do the ranking.
docespy - docespy

If you apply for more than one specialty that shows that you're not really sure about how you want to spend your future. And I've heard from current residents that applying to more than one specialty really hurts your chances of getting an interview.
LL

Don't be ridiculous.

Like PDs have nothing better to do as to get to hundreds (sometimes thousands ) applications from other departments (in addition to its own) and cross-match them to find out who is appying to more then one specialty. Who cares?

Apply to as many specialties as you want - it is not going to hurt your chances one way or the other.

The only time you may think twice when applying to separate tracks within one department at the same hospital like for IM categorical or IM Primary care - then you probably have to choose one track only.

Good luck.
medlaw06

No offense to Docy, but don't listen to him/her.

When you are applying via ERAS, you click on not only WHICH LORs you want sent out to various places, but you can also select WHERE you want to apply to. Therefore, one place will NOT know where ELSE you are applying to.

Don't worry about a thing!!
bobby

i believe they will and this will make an undetermined face of you.
docespy - docespy

aa,
it seems that the competition is so fierce that it has reached our forum, do what feels right and in your first interview ask the question.
good luck and God bless you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »