Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To apply or not to apply, that is the question! -
aa

I have a big problem.I am interested in psychiatry and have good credentials(good scores,GC...),and I really want to apply to ONLY psychiatry programs,but some of my friends keep on telling me to apply to FP as well to back my situation up.As far as I know PDs will finally realize that how many progarms we have applied and I don't want to lessen my chances.So, what do you think?just one specialty or more?Will PDs find out about my choices?
ali

as far as i know you'd better go for what you like ,because finally they will realize.
hy,,

hy,,
ya,,don,t trust anyone,,just do what u think is right for u,,
just have a decision power,,never allow others to do decisions for u,,,
okey,,bye
LL

Psy is not harder to get to then FP (some claim it is even easier). If you have GC and good scores like you say - you have nothing to worry about - apply to a good number of Psy programs of a different caliber and don't bother with FP.

You will likely get prematch offer in Psy if you have good credentials.

Good luck.
abdul

I believe they will realize,so don't jeopardize yourself.
intern-FP

There is no way they will know what & how many programs you apply unless you are applying two fields or pro eg FP and Psych in same instituition(and PD talk with each other) ,or you tell yourself, this is absloutely between you & ERAS. Many ppl apply in all fields for the safe side & remmember every year varies & you never know what is going to be compettitive it depends on no. of application in the same program or field, b/c of malpractice issue many American grads are applying in primary care rather than surgery so it totally depends on situation, generally it is assumed that IM, FP psych & peds are easy to get but you never know.
algus

I don't understand how PD's are going to find on how many programs have you applied. Please explain.
aa

as i know,it's easy:the time they want to do the ranking,they get all data, and some of them may not like it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »