Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which risk fACTOR - sagars
obese 42 yo man quited smoking 10 y before hypertens 160/100
serum choles level206
his rissk factor for cerebral infartion: hypertension or hypercholes

can you help me
sorry there is also obesity !!
obesity is the risk factor for hypertention ..wt reducction greatly decresaes the b.p
I think the answer to this as given in the NBME 2 answer keys is Hypertension.can anyone list the factors in descending order?
HTN>obesity>smoking> high LDL?
thanx guys

well, can you me the right answer for the nbme form2 the question w/ this young guy obess compulsive....
the answer in the answer key to the OCD is "offer to change medS"..but I think the question says he had a good response to the meds.the other options were I think to ask for parental supervision,monitor blod levels and begin cognitive therapy.
I think i would go for cognitive therapy.what do you think?
also,what about teh question where the primi comes with bleeding,80% effaced,4 cm dilated cervix and bleeding PV,BP 60/undetectable.....?
choices were ephedrine,nifedipine,oxytocin,terbutaline and mag sulph!
no IV fluids Sad
well, i am hesitating btween this and just let him come as needed but i go for behav ther
well, i dont really remember this Qs but as presented here i `d go for ephedrine
Hypertension is the risk facotr in this pt DBP of 100
cholesterol is in borderline (206),
for sagars

Pl write NBME question in the subject line on top of the question which is from NBME forms because there are many people who want to assess themselves before exam and by reading your questions their result become biased.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »