Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical credentials -
jm

I am having some problems with my medical credentials evaluation, most likely I will have to have my school resend the medical evaluations to ECFMG again. Who knows how long it will take for the evaluation to go through.

If an aceptable evaluation is not available before the match, can I still be ranked and get the contract?

I need to have the evaluation of my credentials done before the match or before the residency?

Anyone with this kind of experience?
Someone!

you need to have your credentials done to get your ECFMG certificate and apparantly you can not participate in match without that cert. The length of time that it take to get your credentials verified depends on your med school. On your request usually ECFMG can resend that request to your med school and if you follow that up with your med school, it should make it faster. The sooner you do this the better.
jm

Hi someone!

So I will not be able to participate in the match if I don't get my education credentials done in time? I have not had a chance to check NRMP web site yet.

Could anyone confirm it for me?
Someone!

jm,

NRMP does not have to do anything with that. It's related to ECFMG, if you don't get your credientials verified you don't get your ECFMG certificate. NRMP doesn't care about the details of the ECFMG certificate. As long as you don't have a ECFMG certificate, you can't participate in match. Check the ECFMG website more carefully instead of wondering around and rely on people's answers which may not be correct!
jm

Got it, someone!

I just called the ECFMG and was told that the only problem I have is the discrepancy between the name on my transcripts verified by my school and the name on my passport. And this discrepancy is a space-hyphen issue. They told me that my verification will be done if I can get a letter from my school stating that the 2 spellings (with and without space) belong to one and the same person. I feel relieved when they told me it will be a matter of days for them to complete my verification once they receive the letter from my school. So I will be right on the phone with my school, hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.

Thanks!
aha

hhh
Someone!

Good to hear that your problem is going resolving!
Someone!

I meant getting resolved! Always good to check before click on submit....good practice for my applications!
anbu

good coverage on this topic at www.ResidencyandFellowship.com
jm

Thanks! Love ya, someone! And you anbu!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »