Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ca -
jen

Did anyone get interviews in CA? If so, can you please share your credentials and applied date? Thank you
Aga

Hi
I figured you must have applied to programs in CA. I have a question re CA letter. Do you know the requirements - do they require passed step 1, step 2 CK and step 2CS in order to apply for the letter?? Do you know how long it takes to get one? Thank you for, and good luck
hksr

Check http://www.medbd.ca.gov/international_medic.htm.

It costs $500 and takes 8-12 weeks, if I am not mistaken. I didn't even bother applying. I am not sure, what the chances of getting a position are; unless you like California,...
What do you all think? Is it worth it?

I am not sure about Step 1/2/CS; for the final letter you will need them all; for the status letter you may need only some or none.
omid

hi gyus
they need only step 1 and step2 , cs i not a must, and the cost is around $600 and if all your documents be ok it takes around 2-3 months, GL
jen

Hi, You can still apply, if you haven't taken exams.They will get updated later. If you want H1, I don't advise you for CAprograms. It will take 100 days for first review and another 60 days for initial letter.
jai

no it is not like that if you just have applied the letter you can apply in ca, you neet it in hand only at the time of interview.
ca

i am calling programs ,all of them need the letter to give an interview,also H-1 is rare in ca and most programs do not sponsor any visa ............urgent people
Jen

Most of the programs won't even consider the application until you have letter in hand. If you didn't apply for letter, it might be too late for this match.
Aga

Thank you all. Good luck with residencies. Smile
fg

Hi! I got a letter from the Board indicating the need to submit ECFMG status report to complete my application for CA letter. It took 2 1/2 months. Will I get an interview with just this letter on hand? What programs did you apply to? Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »