Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Graduate (?) - pathobraz
Please fellows, read this and answer. I got my diploma inthe end of 2003 in Brazil. My Pathology residency lasted from 2004 to 2007. Now I attend a Masters program (that will be finished in the end of this year or in the beginning of 2009) and work as Histology professor in a University and work as a pathologist here in Brazil. I also intend to start a Pathology PhD program in my country (Brazil) or in the USA. Now I am starting my preparation to Step 1. After the end of the PhD I will certainly be considered an old gradute. But I have a background in the field that I intend to match (Pathology) and an experience as a Professor.
I would like to read your opinion about my perspective and your recommendations.

Thanks in advance and good luck.
Hi, pathobraz, I am from Brazil, too.
Pathology is considered one of the easiest residencies to get into and I think you'll have a cv good enough to compensate for your velhice!
Good luck!
Arlete
PS: do you have an orkut account?
With all the experience u have in patho, just complete ur steps and apply for residency. ur sure to get it dont worry. But plan ur exams for steps along with ur PHD so that u can jump into resdidency with out much delay. Becoz every year passes more difficult to get into residency.
Thank you very much for your messages. I will certainly follow your recommendations. Dear Arlete, I do not have an Orkut account, but feel free to e-mail me:

rnbringhenti
Guys,
During the scramble, I worked with imgresidency and got a position at a university program in NYC. My PD told me that he was very impressed with my consistency, my continuous, repetetive emails which actually img residency did for me. They are honest people, dont give any false hope, and affordable. I though they may help you as well. Good luck.
md71 is a fake, beware. he is a tout for imgresidency. every year such comments are posted in this forum under different IDs to lure IMG's into their trap. many candidates have lost money.
"Continuous, repetitive emails" will most likely annoy PDs ans PCs than help!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »