Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics 2. How to take care of this Alzheimer's - triplehelix
Having gone through a similar situation I would say E. Ask for ethics committee. This is a hard situation because we should look for the family's consensus and sometimes give them the responsibility of discussing amongst themselves and come with an answer to you. It's not your responsibility to "organize" them and find an agreement or work as a mediator. However if no consensus, as the patient's physician you have a responsibility with the patient. Is my opinion that the best thing to do to allow for proper care at this point is to involve the ethics committee...
b----

This is one of the few situations when the ethics committee is to be brought into play........to decide as to who is to be considered as the surrogate, to inform the probable ddecisions of the patient. If the ethics committee is unable to decide, then go to the court of law to decide upon a surrogate.
bb?

what is the final ans?
Ans E. pursue an ethics committee evaluation

When a reachable consensus is not possible then the ethics committee evaluation is pursued. This is the weakest form of decision making because it carries the least precision. If a clear agreement still is unreachable then referral to the courts may be necessary to achieve clarity
TH did you check the link?

it says about taking opinion from 2nd attending
No, i did not check...I did not have time today.
but looks like its MetroHealth...in my neighborhood !
I will read later...
Thanx..Asar Prayer Time
A. If there is no advanced directive, or durable power of attorney, a proxy should be chosen by convention (spouse, then child....)
E
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »