Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it important to have 4weeks internship of psyc -
anju

hi vj,
i did my mbbs at tdmc,kerala.I HAVE 4 WEEKS FOR PAEDATRICS ,but only 135 hrs in psychiatry. what did the nj program tell you.
do they want it completed before interview or around match time.
thanks,
anju
medico04

let this matter be cleared please... during the mbbs period there will be 1 month of psychiatry and peadiatrics .. the duration may vary depending on the college. and during internship was 15days psychiatry and i month peadiatrics.. can anyone suggest how this is going to affect?? like is it necessary to do another 15 days of psychiatry postings???
vj - mvldr15

to anju and medico04,
i just spoke to the NJ co-ordinator.she says it doesnt matter when u did ur postings. only thing that matters is the hospital postings of atleast 4wks each in these 2 catogories.in my college we had just 3hrs/day in the mornings in the hospital and from after noon we used to have theory classes.so altogether i had 45hrs during that period.so 45/3=15days and in internship i had again 15 days of postings.so altogether 4wks of postings.in peads i had 400hrs during my med school and 2wks during my internship.i think this works out for us now anywhere where they require 4wks of clinical postings.
what do u say guys now.our problem is solved i guess.
hope this really works.i have to fax my no.of hrs document to the NJ and then they will see that and give me an appointment if this works.lets see what happens.i am keeping my fingers crossed.
medico04

thanks for the reply. good luck with your pursuit anju
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »