Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how focus is the focused exam . . . to elba or oth - gimmick2008
hi elba and others. . .

Ok I know we have 15 minutes for the entire counter usually 7 minutes for the data gathering and 3-5 minutes for focused PE 3-5 minutes for the counselling.

my question is this in FA CS book and other books, some of the times, the organ pe is not complete as in sometimes it just requires you to just auscultate the heart and lungs as a maneuver that's counted as a point on the SP's checklist.

But, in the actual CS encounter, is it best to do everything from inspection, blah, blah, ausculation, blah, percussion?

thanks/
hi gimmick...
i think ....this is one of the most difficult things in the exam

There are people really good in focussing in the history and PE.........I am still having some trouble in that....since for many years i practiced the medicine in a different way.............. in my country is considered mal practice if you see the pt in less than 25 minutes ( can be audit for that....coz seems like you are not asking and examing everything...25 minutes is considered the appropiated time to make a good history, phisical exam and make personal contact with pt. answering all doubts and questions........)
So as you see....shrink my thing to 15 minutes is driving me crazy....

I am very honest with you, i wont be your best advise, since i am still learning from others this " american skill"...... Sad
really, but what do you say about just doing auscultation only as a maneuver as listed as a checklist item in FA?

thanks.
Yeah, still trying to get a hold of how you see a patient, exam and all in 15 mins....its like glossing... but we got to do what we got to do
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »