Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to jovanat - hamnah
i was reading your post, really good.
can u tell me what is your mneumonic OPDFCSaaa stands for ? i need something for general cases besides LIQORAAA. my exam in 2 days
Onset
Progression
Duration
Frequency
constant/intermittent
Setting
Alleviating
Aggreviating
Ass syp.

You can aLSO use it as OPDSFCLIQRAA

Best of luck hamnah, beleive in yourself, dont panic. And take your meds with you.
everybody has a diferent one Smile)))

i have mine
OPDS PQRST UVW AAA

Onset progresion duration seting
place qualityradiation severity time
u for is this disturbing your daily activities
v for deja vu.....is this the first time that this happened
w..what you have been doing so far

a lleviatin
a gravating
a ssociating

--------------when the case is not about pain....................i use this:
OPDS........THEN SKIP PQRST.......AND GO TU UVW AND AAA
I leran this opdcfsaaa from Neejeraj notes -Roentgen so he need to be credited for that..

Onset -SINCE WHEN
Progression GETTING BETTER or WORST
Duration-HOW LONG Does LAST
Frequency-How frequent are for exampple the Chest Pain epizodes
constant/intermittent Big Grinoes it come and go or stay there
Setting :What were you doing when that happend (example sudden chest pain or atletic injury, so they will tell you while showeling snow , while playing soccer and etc)
Alleviating -what make it better ??
Aggreviating-what mak eit worst ???
Ass syp.anyother symptoms such as ????

No to much wording short to the point Since when , getting better or worst and with this most of the patient told me evrything -no need to ask them how it happend or what they were doing ???
You just talk to them did you take anything -ye stylanol -did it help ??somewhat and what make it worst ???
and the you go Where (Site ) , How would you grade it ? (one patient told me what d you mean by that ) so make sure you imediatelly say 10 being the most and 1 being the least ok....or I ask the SP -does the pain started sudenelly or gradually ..then SP was king of not sure and stated well gradually...so that is why we need to go with the flow , asking confidentelly and quick to the point , so they can have afeeling you are in charge but yet caring...
Jovanat

and the the describe the PAIN -Quality, then Does the PAIN travel (Radiation ) AND YOU ARE DONE with ANY PAIN, then you just add PAM HUGS FOSS and maybe when you ask any other symptoms such as Chest pain, fever, stomack pain, urinary changes, bowel movment changes, any sleep disturbances you already ask the UGS from HUGS, ok ???
Any questions let me know..
Jovanat
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »