Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pls help me whit some answer! - cristina_jalba
Hi!
I graduete this year medical university in Romania.This sumer i come in USa and i intend to stay there for to take usmle steps.
Pls tell exactly what i need to do when i will arrive in USA, in Virginia exactly?Where i sould go to buy the books for to study ? Do i need do do something else before to register for step 1?
Pls answer me sombody i will apreciate this very much?Do i need to take english classes too?
Have a good day!
The first thing you have to do is get a copy of your medical diploma and have it translated to english, make sure the translation meets the requirements on ecfmg.org, you can register for step 1 from there but keep in mind that you'll need time to prepare, depending on your level of knowledge, when you register in the ecfmg page, you pay for step 1, then you have to send them 2 pictures of you, your diploma and the translation plus a form you have to fill, about a month or so after, they send you via email your scheduling permit and then you are able to choose the date of your exam, with those steps done you can register to any exam except step 3, if your english level is good you shouldn;t have a problem taking the exams, keep in mind these are long tests and all the books are in english, so it's better if you feel comfortable with your english, depending on what you know it could take you from 4 to 7 months in average to study for step 1 depending on what you choose to do,(videos, lectures or only books), you MUST get first aid for step 1 and learn it from cover to cover, but first you have to read some review books, read kaplan books, thay are well organized and you know what to study and get goljan rapid review for pathology, those books are easy to find anywhere, if you're still a student, check the ecfmg page to know what you need to be able to take the tests, read the USMLE booklets for step 1,step 2 and step 2 cs to get a better idea about what you're going to do and how the exams are organized, feel free to ask anything you need, If I know the answer I'll let you know ibanmd-fffan
you can buy all materials from ebay..the latest edition fo kaplan will cost you about 550$ for 8 books.. old edtion you can get for cheap price

All materials are available online for free.. you can use these pdf files and you can save lot of money

use this link to download kaplan lecture notes and DVDs
http://doctors4ward.110mb.com/kaplanbooks/index.html

USMLE WORLD q bank is availbale here for free
http://doctors4ward.110mb.com/usmle/index.html

rapid review pathology by goljan is availble at amozon.com for around 30-40Dollars

for step 1 DVDs you may have to search through this forum somebody might have the link for the DVDs

All you need for step 1 is
1)First AID (get the latest edition 2008)
2)Rapid review pathology by goljan (2007 edition)
3)Kaplan lecture notes (available here for free) (dont use kap;an pathology instead use goljn
4)kaplan DVds
5)Usmle world qbank
6)goljan slides and 46 page review book

Hold on to 1),5) and 6) from day one of your preparation till the end of exam..
dont waste time reading any other materials ( stick to these)

will send you the goljan slides and 46 page soon..
good luck.

sorry for type error.... its amazon.com
if yo could put yor email Id i will send the rest of the materials
Please provide me the link to the dvd's for step 1. Email me at drshirintasneem. Thanks.
Hi maccallan, do you mind sending me the goljan slides and 46 page review book please? My email address is maria80.usmle
Hi cristina, email me at rrei20 or leave your email and I'll contact you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »