Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
years after graduation - dratl
I have done MD Internal medicine in 2005 , MBBS in 1999. How to convey that my years after recent graduation is 3 only !! Last year I could not get even a single interview..desperate. Pl help
you r 1999 grad.this is year of graduation.u cannot change this.

the programs dont count year from internal med m.d degree
they do it from year of graduation.
dratl could you share your credentials?
I've many of my friends with ythis OLD grad tag and getting matched even at better places than freshies. I may be able to help you.

Thank you
Thanks very much Pubmed
I have step189,step284 CS passd 1st attempt, MD Medicine ,,MRCP Part 2 cleard and working as assistant prof in medical school..
pl help
It could be your Step 1 score. Your step 2 score is excellent! Try to complete Step 3 and get some US LORs.

All the best.
Thanks drabcd76
Is it possible to get some US LoRs, when I am not working there.. I am currently working as an attending at Oman
dratl:

I find some hitch with your scores ( that might have filtered out your application)..
Having said that, I think they are competitive enough .. You can browse this forum and find several determined docs who despite having attempts in steps made it to the match!

My next query would be do you have publications? research experience? It can greatly boost your chances... Do tell us about it...

USLOR would be possible only when you work under some Doc in the US otherwise it would have less meaning to it...

I find your credentials good enough to compete for the match.
Thanks Pubmed
I have done some research during my MD( Dissertation) and I dont have any publications. I am trying to do some now, could u suggest where i can send them ..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »