Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biochem - pepsi00
The parents of a 6 month old child who was normal at birth bring her into the clinic. Since their emigration to the U.S from Eastern Europe soon afer her birth,the child has developed diminished responsiveness,progressive blindness and deafness and recently seizures. Serum levels of which of the following compounds would be expected decreased in both of the parents?

A. Dystrophin
B. Hexosaminidase A
C. HGPRT
D. Phenylalanine Hydroxylase
E. Vitamin D3

point the key points
Thanks
bbb
b.
bb.Tay-Sachs
what made it most specific?
migration........Ashkenazi jews, progressive neurodegenaration,bblindness...................
where it say ashenazi jews?
haha pepsi that was nice q.....i think because of immigration we assumed it is from ashenazi jew....plus other points like sunshine already enumerated. none of the others have those features.
In an ethnic sense, an Ashkenazi Jew is one whose ancestry can be traced to the Jews of Central and Eastern Europe. For roughly a thousand years, the Ashkenazim were a reproductively isolated population in Europe, despite living in many countries, with little inflow or outflow from migration, conversion, or intermarriage with other groups, including other Jews. Human geneticists have identified genetic variations that have high frequencies among Ashkenazi Jews, but not in the general European population. This is true for patrilineal markers (Y-chromosome haplotypes) as well as for matrilineal markers (mitochondrial haplotypes)[11].

I said migration is a big point to clarify this question.they will give sometimes this point migrtaed from eastern Europe......THIS Is the Beauty of this q.

correct me if i am wrong.
i was not sure, but they did not give the bigger clues which stinks Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »