Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For : KEEPFAITH - strongsoul
tHIS IS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR PREVIOUS POST--QUESTION :

Okay i'll give you what i know and what my experience has been ...

What i think is Kaplan LIve prep is great, but most of it goes FAST..I say FAST b/c i took the 6 week course and although i thought the teaching and notes were great, it was very rapid type of review..now that is great if you've already put in a few weeks or months of studying(depending on background & how fresh you are for basic sciences etc)...then its a great idea to do kaplan live prep(6 week) and then a few weeks or a month later TAKE THE EXAM..

however, if you are starting fresh or dont have a great background, then i would suggest to get videos, kaplan books, First Aid Review book and go through all of those sources, including the GOLJAN AUDIO(very good, integrates everything!)....then after that if you have the need, the time or/and the money then go for a kaplan live review course..

I could be wrong, im just giving my opinion and comparing with what some of my friends-colleques have gone through..

My best friend took the 12 week kaplan review course and although she liked it she waited A LONG time before taking Step 1 , hence didnt get the results she desired.

So i hope that all makes sense..

Also another thing to think about : how you learn/study..

If you need constant motivation or need to be somewhere everyday @ specific time then go for kaplan live prep or videos at the center..but if you are okay with studying on your own..try to get videos + books and go through things @ your own pace(set your own schedule, whether its 6 weeks, 3 months or more whatever it takes) and then go through everything...

If you are already very well versed in basic sciences then just go for kaplan live prep and take your exam soon after(while thinngs-concepts are fresh in your mind)..

I really hope this helps you...

Sorry if its repetitive or too detailed, wanted to make sure you get the jist of everything..

take care and good luck with everything...

Best Regards...

Strongsoul! Smile

By the way, if you do search on this website you should be able to get even more opinion, experiences, free downloads as well...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »