Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to enter in ERAS application for 'visa' -
Katty

Hi

I am an IMG. I started filling up ERAS application.

In the My Profile, what need to be filled up under visa. I think I need to choose B-1, B-2 temporary visitor since the application is meant for interview only.

Please respond.
kiddyfriend

I don't think it only refers to interview! I think it refers to what you need when you should get a residency. If it's unclear I would really call ECFMG/ERAS as this might be a crucial point and a forum is not reliable enough with info.
Katty

Thanks Kiddyfriend.

How are your interviews going on...?
kiddyfriend

Well, so far I only had one, but that went okay. I think I would like to work at the place and I'm hoping for a prematch offer.

I have 11 interviews altogether so far - most of them are not really at desirable hospitals - there are still a few places where I would be thrilled to hear from. I have my Step2 score now and the Dean's Letter, so maybe the "big" programs will break their silence this week.

How was your Step2? I think you took it last week, didn't you?
Katty

Good to hear from you. good luck for the residensy positions hat you are looking for...

yes. I gave step 2 last week. and it was ok. I think it will take 2 more weeks to hear about the result.

kiddyfriend

Yea, the waiting sucks. I got my results three weeks after I took it.

When are you doing CS? Mine is next week in Atlanta and then I'm finally done with all the tests.

If you should be interviewing in the NY area, give me a shout and we could have coffee together. kelara_ii
Katty

yeah. definitely. I will let you know when I get an interview in New York.

My CS date is on Dec 3rd. here is my email santhi123

Currently I am struggling with ERAS. Possibly my LoR's will be sorted out in couple of days.
Dr.Z

Hi kiddyfriend ,
Can u plz tell me the questions they ask in the interview and did u prepare for Ur interview and if Yes then from where?
Thanx in advance

kiddyfriend

Try to research the program - eg go to their website, find out about the curriculum, write down questions that you might have about a program. If you have good questions that's a good thing. Get some nice clothes in which you feel comfortable and which fit you well. Clean your coat and shoes. Get all your paperwork ready. Find out how to get to the place and how long it will take.

There are several lists with frequently asked questions. Go through them, talk to yourself out loud when answering them. Don't overdo it though. These are just some questions that float around, they are not required quetions. See it more as a practice than the real thing.

And most imortant... BE YOURSELF, BE POLITE and BE ENTHUSIASTIC.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »