Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do I need to stay in USA for Intereviews? - kadeet
Hello Folks,

I am an IMG from India. After taking CS in July-08 i plan to to go back to India and come back for Inteviews ( if I get one ;-) ) .

Can you please tell me how long I have to stay in USA for attending the inteviews ? I mean will all the process of interviews finish within One month or do I need to stay for 3-4 Months ?

Is there any start DATE for the interview season and END date for the same ?

Any helf would be appreciated as I need to arrange for my stay here ?

Thanks ...
start date most probably from sept end(some programs have mentioned sept end in freida), bust most in october , nov, december(break during christmas week), then jan. but they will send u email and then u can arrange interviews accordingly. i think its better to wait until sept end, because thats when u will get atleast confirmation for 1 interview atleast , so that u can arrange travel accordingly. interviews will go on max till 31st jan
Thanks for the help.

Any idea how the people manage to stay here for 3-4 months who do not have any one in USA neither financial that high, but just have the burning desire to give it a shot !

In hotel or any shared accomodation ?

Approximate idea on how much cost it would be for the period of stay ?

How about girls who some from their home country any forum for them where they can find shared accomodation ?

Any help or guidance in any sort is would be highly helpful !
what's your e-mail address?
even i have not yet manged to figure the 'staying part' out as yet. i fit the situation you have mentioned. during the interviews, some programs provide u accomodation, sometimes free, sometimes discounted. the rest of the time , i think we will probably have to find some kind of temporary accomodation in some place. hotels are out of the question(for 2 months just imagine the costs), hostels provide accomodation for a week max(try hostels.com), maybe the best option is to rent a place with some other fellow countrymen(or women). try craigslist.com. when i was going through the 'first aid for match' i read somewhere that amgs themselves spend 2000$ in travelling,food and other related expenses. so can probably guess what imgs might end blowing up, what with the airfares and gas prices going upwards. but then when u get an interview call, everything is forgotten cause the interview is like a rainbow and at the end of a rainbow there might be a pot of gold(residency).
my email id kadeet007
True flanker99 !

Thanks for the tips !

I have to see some hostels or something like that ! If you do not mind can you pass on your email ID I will definitely not contact you unecessarily since I know you are bussy with admissions ! But will in case ....

May be not this year next year ( I have some financial consrainst ) by the time i pray that u will be doing ur residency :-)
thanks a lot and best of luck to u also.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »