Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rejections -
hopeful

Anyone else just getting rejections and no interviews who are US residents?
AAA

Same here, No more Interviews rolling.....Wondering whats happening to all the places i applied.

What are your thoughts Hopeful.

Sincerely,

AAA
Omar

77,80, applied to 120 programs, 28 rejections, no interviews, GC, 1996 graduate
hopeful

I have no idea what's going on. I can say to you Omar that because you have been out of school for so long you will have problems. In Illinois it is hard to be licenced after being out over 5 years. I have a total of 10 rejections so far. I hope something comes up soon.
toss

same here. graduated1999,steps i,2 75/75 multiple attempts, permanent resident,1 year externship, no interview .only rejections........ waiting for cs results
emm

I am an FMG, graduating next year with scores of 99/99 and I am getting rejections as well. I have a few interviews, but not many. It's not personal, according to what I have heard, some programs just want to be able to say they have graduates of certain schools and automatically exclude foreign graduates. Is there anyone out there already in a residency program that definitely does not have such a policy? Please let the rest of us know about it!
kc

I was just talking with a friend of mine (AMG) who finished IM at Mass General ~ 10 years ago. Program coordinator there told her that there are almost 10x as many FMG applications as AMG applications. Many of the best programs will take no more than 1 IMG. As you can imagine, the competition is very very intense.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »