Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lipoprotein lipase vs harmone sensitive lipase..? - drtilakpasala
can anybody enlighten me about these two enzymes...

regards....
Lipoprotein lipase takes triglyceride from blood just after a meal and stores it in adipose tissue
HSL sends TGL out of the adipose, as fatty acid and glycerol, to the liver in fasting states

1st lipoprotein lipase one is EXTRACELLUAR--which with insulin speed up TG uptake from blood by adipose. A.K.A TG clearing factor lipase.

2nd is hormone sensitive lipase THE INTRACELLULAR ONE--which with stress hormones stimulate lipolysis and with insulin inhibit lipolysis.
Plz correct me if im wrong..
for the 2nd, it seems lack of insulin plays more important role in promoting lipolyisis, that's the reason in type 1 DM, lot's of FFA produce ketones...

yes JF in absence of insulin,there wud be lipolysis as insulin is anbolic,DM1 is one condition but also stress hormones,like cortisol,epi,gh,glucagon do actiavte this hormone sensitive liapse and cause lipolysis.
for drtilakpasala,

lipoprotein lipase is to generate triglycerade.

hormone-sensitive lipase is to decrese triglycerate.

the consequence for DM1, coz insulin is low, 1) lipoprotein liapse activity low...2) hormone sensitive lipase activity is high: triglycerade is used, but not continued provided by lipoprotein.

not sure is this the reason that person with DM1 is not fat..

correct me shiney and others
to juneflower,
dear, u r right, I feel your MS in Bio!!!!!
Good luck
hey...thanks...for clearing things up...

this is better than google....Wink

i tried finding this on google with out much success

regards
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »