Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counseling for Child with Jaundice - ddy
How will you do this, thanks a lot!
There could be a number of causes for your child's problem.It's difficult for me to say exactly what the problem is b4 i get the results of some tests.i'm going to advise some tests and tell u more once i get the results but i assure you we'll work our best to help your child.do u have any questions for me?
Accoring to the information i gethered from u, i m considering a posibility of blood group mismatching/ physiological jaundice. however, there are certain other possibilities like jaundice becaue of inadequate breast feeding or induced by breast feeding are also there. in addition any other cause present since birth should also be ruled out.

I feel that he needs an immidiate attention and i would suggest you to bring the child to the medical center.

Meanwhile, i will tell u a few specifisc points about this problem. (or if pt asks what is physiologicaljaundice?)

Advice on physiological jaundice, feeding, inserting thermometer 1/2 inch in to the anus and gently move it from side to sidea few times to stimulate a stool. oncw or twice per day.

Hope, u understood whatever we discused today.

Do u ahve any concern or question?

Alright then, i will see u once u get to the hospital. take care.
"Ok ms.... I'm glad that u seek help. Based on the information that igot from u, I consider certain diagnostic possibilities like physio jaundice or blood group mismatch. However to be more certain I need to examine ur child here and perhaps order few tests to know the cause for his problem. Do u have any difficulty in bringing the child here?

Ok later I'll connect ur line to our social worker who can help u with ur transpotrtaion issues.

Once u reach the hospital, inform our receptionsit that u've talked to me jus before. I'll come there and receive you.

Untill then u keep giving breast milk to the baby frequently and make sure that ur baby is warm by wrapping her properly with thick clothes. Do u understand?

Hope I'll meet u soon. Thank you." any corrections?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »