Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guys i need your advice for my back up application - beti
hi
my cv 2002 grad.GC, 1 mn obs in ped at university, 3mn obs IM at prvt.office.
score 1 -82 1st attempt, 2 -86 2nd chance, cs 1attempt, last year only applied FM,PED,IM . which branch i should apply for back up patho or psy, general surgery or anything else
my target is ped or IM. what is my chances
plz people r here very friendly so why dont u say something
Actually general surgey and pathology are a lot tougher to get than FM, PED and IM. IM and Ped are the back up for people who want more competitive specilties, so don´t waste your money and apply to the specialties you applied last year.
I think patho is extremely competitive.
beti...

why backup?
there are about 250 IM programs. if you narrow them down to the ones you like and are able to apply you should have a good number of programs.
peds also has a lot of options... just look at the criteria and apply to what you really like.

there is nothing worse than doing something you dont like.
think about it.

thanx for advice. because i love surgery and i would love to persue my career in surgery if i am in my home country but here i knew that surgery is difficult. some of my friends r telling me that nowadays surgery is easy to get into . i need more opinion regarding my back up plan.thank you joannitam ,principito82,tothematch for ur advice and encouraging statement. but what about psychriatry
any suggestion for 4 thsub as back up ?how about neuro or psychiatry
Hi Beti! I think Neurology programs require 1 prelim or transitional year. If you look at the NRMP stats, Psychiatry has lesser IMGs matching in the speciality (versus IM/FM).

I guess the best thing would be (for any specialty/program) is to check for their minimum requirements for IMGs before you send your application.
Hope this helps =)
thanx xthine .i try to do that before application
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »