Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV from kalamazoo michigan - messeduppsycho
dear peds_doc..as far as i know, he doesnt have any connections there..maybe its because of his good scores in the step1 and step2 ck..do they offer prematch? how exactly do they decide whom to call for interviews? because there are lots of friends from the same university who have passed the CS, have double 99 in both steps..but havent got a call yet from anywhere..
I think your friend should have written a very smart PS and his other credentials should be very strong then.
I cant tell you how they decide to offer interviews. I dont know how that works. Reviewing your post it seems that your friend has 99 in both steps and has flunked his CS. That may have helped as I have told you they dont stress too much on the CS.
Answering you second question-Yes they offer a lot of prematches.
The PD thinks very highly of those with >95 scores and it helps if the candidate is from the Phillipines or India. Greater than 70% of residents are from these two areas. Hope that helps.
SAS
dear peds_doc..thanks for the input..it looks like u are a very knowledgeable guy..such a breath of fresh air...sorry to bother u but do u have any idea about st joseph, paterson , Nj.. i know they give j1 only and they have a few fellowships..how would u rank that program?
dear peds_doc..thanks for the input..it looks like u are a very knowledgeable guy..such a breath of fresh air...sorry to bother u but do u have any idea about st joseph, paterson , Nj.. i know they give j1 only and they have a few fellowships..how would u rank that program?
I for one did not like living in NJ. I lived there for a year before I moved out. It is expensive , not very safe(some areas , not all). Also I did not want to be in a place which was very busy. I wanted to spend time with my wife and have a life outside of residency.
All these things are very subjective. If you are single, dont mind the >80 hr weeks, dont mind living in NJ and if you are someone who learns by hands on experience, go for it.
Your question about the rank order list will depend on the list itself. If I have a list of say 7 programs , with all programs having the same fellowship profile, I would pick those programs which are in laidback towns vs big cities. If some have fellowships while others dont, I would pick those with a fellowship on the top of my list. So it all depends on what you have in the bag. Hope that helps.
SAS.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »