tried at many places but without any luck
can somebody help me what shud I do?
feeling hopless.
tired of calling the hospitals just to hear that they don't offer
Do you have a visa?
yes
am on CS visa for now
have 3 more months
hmm. In that situation, start with looking for people from your country who are faculty somewhere. Send them an email directly. As foreign grdauates themselves, they are very helpful. They are usually in university programs or university affiliated programs. Ask them to let you observe patients with them. If no luck, then find people from your country in private practice. You must contact the physicians directly. The staff is not familiar with the term "observership, experience etc." So go to their websites and find their emails. If no email address is there, get the number and call the secretary and say " My name is Dr. xxx. I want to talk to Dr. yyy regarding some career opportunties I am considering in your clinic." Never say "I am a foreign graduate and looking for observership" ,to the secretary. She doesnot have the knowledge.Once u get the doctor on the phone, tell him your situation and keep the balance between begging and dignity. Both should be there. I think this is your best bet. Hope it helps.Smile
Hi,
Thanks.
But how do I find people from my country when I don't know them nor they don't know me?
did u mean the residents? or the faculty? who?
private practice is still bad
that r worried about confidentialy about patients.
are there any associations or any sites where I can contact people from my country?
Thank you.
This is your homework buddy. Smile Check the websites and get the faculty list. Usually there is a biosketch with each name. You will find their contact information there. There are usually 20% chinese, indian, pakistani, british faculty members in every program. If not from your country, find a foreign medical graduate who is a faculty now.
ok thank you
will try to find out
can I please have ur email id
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »