Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People with GC have a shot at Meharry - hellousa
If you are a citizen or have greencard, you have a better chance at Meharry school of medicine, TN,Psychiatry program. If you have not heard from them, email the coordinator. She is very considerate. They donot have a very strict criteria regarding scores as well. Three seats available. and they are sending interviews till end of Jan. All psych applicants with citizenship /GC ( No EADs), call or send emails to get a response. Smile Good luck
i think if you have a GC, then they dont require USMLE's. GC is sufficent enough.. my 2 cents
This year they are so open about their choices... Its a difficult year.Smile
say thaks to BAAP nad not pc
m2capsule, Yes you are finally right on this one issue. Green card = residency if you have contacts. you dont need to be a doctor. just apply.
program requiremtns... passing score on usmle step1,2 and cs

OR
green card
first of all, just because you have GC, doesny mean u are going to get residency. This is my 2nd time in the match, I only had one interview last year and one interview this year so far....

SCORES AND ATTEMPTS DO MATTER, a GC is not a free ticket into residency becuz if they want someone with not soo good scores but dont want to sponser visa, they'll prefer a US graduate! not an IMG....

now about Meharry..... i called the program myself in August and although they have no score requirements, they told me mostly all those invited for an interview are atleast high 80's and have administered INTEREST in pschiatry through work in the USA or in their country..... and they said they most likely wont invite someone with attempts but will still consider...... so i didnt apply! i thought i'd save my $25

just my 2 cents
does meharry sponser visa?
no
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »